We understand you are in a stressful situation as you may have lost a significant amount of money and may not know how the hacker accessed your wallet.
We include immediate advice below. If you want more personalized advice about your case, we encourage you to report your scam on Chainabuse by simply clicking on “Report a scam.” You can opt-in to receive free immediate support, including advice to contact law enforcement and what you can do next regarding civil litigation and optional investigative support.
- If you have shared your 12-word Secret Recovery Phrase or private key on any website, email, application, or social channel (i.e. Twitter, Discord, Telegram, etc.), we recommend transferring your funds to another wallet as soon as you can.
- Change your passwords and all log-in information immediately if you believe someone may have accessed your online account.
- We recommend that you check your account's transaction history on the blockchain explorer, for example:
- For BTC: https://www.blockchain.com/explorer
- For Cardano: https://explorer.cardano.org/en
- For ETH: https://etherscan.io
- For Hedera: https://hederaexplorer.io/
- For Litecoin: https://blockchair.com/litecoin
- For Polygon: http://polygonscan.com
- For Solana: https://solana.fm/?cluster=mainnet-qn1
- For Tron: https://tronscan.org/#/
Check your browser's history for any suspicious or phishing links you might have visited around the time the first unauthorized transaction occurred.
- Document all unauthorized transactions (more on this below)
- Be aware and avoid investigative scams - Do not engage with investigative firms that have not pre-vetted, as this may lead to another scam and more loss incurred. Some non-established firms try to take advantage of the stressful situation victims may be in to lure them and make them believe they can help them recover their funds, and then run away after the victim pays them a significant amount. Do not respond to investigative firms pretending they can freeze funds on your behalf. Only law enforcement can ask you for money in exchange for “getting back your funds.” Do not provide any personal information to these unknown investigators. Only take advice from pre-vetted investigative firms. We recommend some investigative firms as part of our support for free (more on this below). Chainabuse does not make any profit by recommending investigative firms. We only do so to protect victims from investigative scams.