Safety practices to avoid asset recovery scams
- Be aware of investigative scams.
- Only engage with established investigative firms. If you want a recommendation of an established investigative firm, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Chainabuse does not make any profit by recommending investigative firms. We only do so to protect victims from investigative scams.
- Only engage with investigative firms that have pre-vetted or have been pre-vetted, as this may lead to another scam and more loss incurred.
- Be aware of reviews; they can easily be faked.
- If you share publicly that you have been a victim of a scam, block private messages from unknown recipients.
- Do not respond to investigative firms pretending they can freeze funds on your behalf. Only law enforcement can ask you for money in exchange for “getting back your funds.”
- Do not provide any personal information to these unknown investigators. Only take advice from pre-vetted investigative firms.